I was in Bikram yoga class the other day and the instructor was talking about camel pose and how it is the perfect anti aging elixir!
Why? You are stretching the inner organs, digestive system, reproductive organs, liver, spleen, pancreas, diaphragm, thyroid and thymus glands, everything is being stretched and after releasing the posture, fresh,
oxygenated, nutrient rich blood flushes back, flushes the organs, eliminating toxins and bringing all the good stuff deep into the cell tissue.
How is your yoga today?
Peace, Love & Happiness,
Berries are rich in flavonoids; flavonoids are antioxidants that have a host of beneficial actions in the body, including fighting oxidative damage. Since the brain is especially vulnerable to oxidative damage, flavonoid-rich foods are thought to help maintain the health of brain in our later years. One particular portion of the Nurses' Health Study analyzed berry consumption and performance on cognitive tests in older women; it was a unique and important study because it followed the women for 15-20 years to get an accurate picture of their long-term eating habits. Women who ate just two or more servings per week of blueberries and strawberries had a slower rate of memory decline, and the authors of the study attributed these benefits to the flavonoid content of the berries. Just two servings a week! I recommend eating berries every day - imagine the protection we can offer to the brain.
Yours in good…
The Dalai Lama's 18 Rules For Living
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: -Respect for self -Respect for others -Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you have made a mistake, take immediate stepsto correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think…